Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Did atrociously bad on Sunday's race - was actually two minutes SLOWER than when I ran it two years ago! Still, I might take some consolation in the fact that I was eleventh in my category (yeah, eleventh out of FIFTEEN that's right). Me and C were both disappointed (she was right behind me).

Before our sweat could dry, I said to her, goddamit this is shit, we are shit. She said, yes, we sucked. I said, yes, we were totally rubbish. I was so knackered I had to walk up the last hill. She said, well, I was worse than you, I had to walk DOWN the last hill. Consumed by rage and shame, I grabbed a nail clipper from a guy standing next to us who happened to be clipping his fingernails, used it to cut into skin on C's and my index fingers, squeezed drops of our blood into a plastic cup, drank it, and sworn that we will train together, train HARD, and get our acts together! The guy with the nail clippers stared at us in amazement, but after seeing all we had done, he started to clap his hands and nod his head in admiration of our dedication. Soon after, everyone else joined in the applause. (Except that none of that happened, I made all that up)

Anyway, you know what I mean. I'm not competitive and I know I've been running a lot less this past year or so but still, I'm disappointed.

No comments: