Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Kids, again

My younger brother's first baby was born on the 10th of October - horray! Yes, Taiwan's national day and happens to be my birthday as well. The baby was born three weeks premature, by emergency C-section, and weighed just under five pounds. Today the doctor said his red blood cell count has dropped below the normal range and has been put into an incubator.

That is a bit worrying. Even though the doctor reassured my brother that everything is okay, it is still worrying. I hope everything will be okay. My little nephew.

***************************************

J said the most amazing things tonight. He said he wanted to go and see his other family. I said "what other family?" he said "you know, my other family, the other one".

Upon further interrogation, turns out he had it all figured out. He has another mother, who has the same name as me, living in another place. This other family that he has, lives in a very very very big house. They love him very much, and they miss him loads. They want to see him. He misses them also. His other mother has a fringe, and long hair at the back. She is very beautiful.

"Do you have another father as well?"
"No, I only have one father."

I don't know what to make of this. On the one hand I am amazed at the depth of his imagination and how articulate he has become in communicating that. On the other hand I can't help but think has he got some kind of mental problem? Or am I such a shit mother that he has to put his hopes in an imaginary better one??

No comments: