Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Back back back

Howdy. Long time no blog.

All I can say is, an awful lot has happened since my last entry. Regrettably I cannot tell you what exactly has been going on. But let me quote O, the philosopher in residence: "The best thing you can expect, is the unexpected". How wise he is.

Apart from the unspeakable, there are a couple of things to report. Ok three things.

Firstly, my career. Or its non-existence. Last week I had my appraisal done, and it really got me thinking about many things. Not the kind of things that Librans are good with but I guess we all could do with a kick up the arse every now and then. I anticipate 365 days from now, when I shall look back and tell you how grateful I am that someone did kick my butt. In short, I'll be swotting a bit in the coming months.

Secondly, my anxiety with regards to ageing. I am getting old. We all are. Each day, each hour, each minute, is a step towards death. Decay of the flesh. Maggot food. Stench. Crumbling bits. It feels good when someone tells you you look young. But I have to stop feeding on it. I have to stop thinking about it. That is just not a good way to be.

Thirdly, my running. Last Sunday I ran to Kadoorie and back and this time I timed myself properly and did it door to door in 1:15 minutes. Needless to say I was pretty chuffed! Heart rate was under 160 the whole time except from when I was running up and running down fast (177). I like having the heart rate monitor. It's good to know how alive you are and can get. Kind of related to the above about ageing and death.

My period is making me so tired - I felt really drained. Yesterday I cancelled my lecture cos I was feeling knackered and on top of that, I had that paper on si lai to finish, and that is for the conference this saturday. I really should be working on it.

Signing off now. More later.

No comments: