Monday, May 09, 2005

I'd like to know

Finally did my blood test and had the results back last week. I do "suffer" from iron deficiency and am "borderline" anaemic, whatever that means. So I'm supposed to take these chocolate flavoured chewable iron supplements for a couple of months to see how it goes.

Apparently it is well known to most people but me that iron supplements can give you problems with evacuating your bowels. I've been taking them for a few days and I can't say I suffer in that department. Might have something to do with the fact that I scoff way too much vegetables. I easily eat like a whole catty of vegetables or a couple of lbs of broccoli without batting an eyelash. I like to sprinkle this Thai dried chilli flakes flavoured with dried shrimps stuff on my veggies. Just typing this is making me salivate like Pavlov's dog...

Which again raises the question of why I have iron deficiency in the first place. It has to be a recent occurance cos I've been okay to give blood last year. The tests say I haven't been shitting blood, and I haven't been bleeding anywhere else. I suppose my periods have been slightly heavier than say a year ago but not really that bad as to give me iron deficiency??? I've been eating well, better than most people I think. So why O why ??? Why????

No comments: