Monday, May 23, 2005

drinking wine, sighing

It is just a matter of perspective, isn't it. Positive thinking. Turning a down into an up. Half empty can be half full. That kind of thing.

What am I talking about? I feel overwhelmed. With so many things. Work, family, lifestyle, money, life in general. Being down with the flu might not have helped but the old testament has really convinced me with this seven years of famine and seven years of good harvest business. I've had more than my fair share of good harvest and I'm getting into the years of famine. Drought. Half empty.

I need a kick up my butt. I need to pull myself together and get my perspective right.

************************

The weather has been crazy. Still. Sorching hot weather with heavy downpours here and there. Is supposed to be like this for the rest of the week also. I feel a bit down cos of the flu but more importantly cos I haven't had a run since last Wednesday. I swam a fair bit on Saturday but it's just not the same as running. I worked hard in the pool and I felt out of breath and I felt my muscles burn and I felt tired afterwards but it's just.... not the same. There was so little satisfaction afterwards. Maybe it's cos I'm still not very good at it. I'll try harder next week. Maybe I could be a swimmer too.

No comments: