Monday, April 04, 2005

Nothing new under the sun

Wa.... blogger is so buggered... been trying to get in for the last quite long a while...

Well, not that I've got any top urgent important stuff to blog. Just random thoughts as usual.

Tonight's EFM reading was still on early Church history and I read three chapters in one go after my 4:30 tutorial since I had to catch up on previous two unread chapters. It was all on the various schisms and the bishops and presbyters and martyrs whose names consist of just one word. Ignatius, Polycarp, Irenaus, Justin, Cyprian, Tertullian... it was hard for all the disagreements behind the various schisms to register in my tiny brain.

Post-baptismal sin - mortal or not?
Eucharist - anamnesis or sarifice?
Jesus - fully human or fully God?

These are important questions, I guess. Important enough at least for Christians to have argued over them for as long as Christianity has existed. And I guess the last question is perhaps slightly more important. Or rather, it is slighlty more interesting. But I don't really care that much. I guess the unity of the church is important too, for some. But is it really so important that all two thousand plus years of squabbling can be justified?

No comments: