Friday, January 25, 2008

All of it

I've been playing at least three hours tennis each week lately and watching about 10 hours a week's worth of the Australian Open.

I am not playing any better than I was three months ago and that is frustrating. I blame it on my shoulder injury but I know and you know it is nothing but a pathetic excuse for the weak.

What I need to do, is to train a lot more. Not in the court but outside. Do more sprinting, weights, and practice my stance in front of a mirror. All that. ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE! I need to hit that damn ball goddam it!

When in fact, I know and you know, I should be spending my time mulling over those four papers I have started and one of which I have vowed to send off by the end of this month. Me, at the age of 39.

Priorities priorities priorities.

Am reminded of this Nicole Atkins song on Neptune City, where she sings with her big big voice, to incredibly naff but strangely moving arrangement, about how she would go off with this guy for no reason other than him being "cool". And there you go. Just about sums it all up, pretty much all of it.

No comments: