Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I'm starting to learn Chinese typing. I mean Chinese input method. Everyone told me to learn "cangjie quick", which is anything BUT quick. If you compare it to cangjie proper, I guess it might be faster by one tenth of a second per character. As I am not familiar with the cangjie codes, yesterday it took me ONE HOUR to type 12 characters.

So now I am investigating the "nine square" input method and another one called CKC. They all claim to be so easy you don't need to memorise anything! and you can learn to type away in a matter of minutes! I can tell you for a fact that these are all lies. You DO need to memorize rules and codes, only fewer.

Anyhow, it's all a bit depressing. So I ate a comforting sardines sandwich.

What I really want, however, is a very cold beer.

No comments: