Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A friend of mine has, in recent years, become a bit of an expert on vitamins and mineral supplements. She reads books and goes to seminars, reads academic papers and searches the web for information. She knows all about the differences between vitamin A and beta carotene and what kinds of calcium sources are better than others. To me, this is all very impressive stuff.

Last time we met, she was sharing some amazing stories with me, about how taking supplements has really worked for her and her family! All very fascinating, I thought!

She said we should sit down one time and I should tell her my bodily complaints and she would recommend what supplements I should take. She is not short of a bob so she is not trying to sell me stuff for commission. She is just, you know, a good soul, keen to help make her friend better.

So, during one of my numerous bouts of procrastinating sessions today, I started an introspective exercise by jotting down a few things about my body which I think needed fixing.

1. I am always sleepy.
2. I get hangovers more often than I think I should get.
3. I can't sustain a hill climb without feeling as if I'm going to die.
4. I can't concentrate on anything for more than 15 minutes at a time.

Nothing life threatening, thank God.

Really curious now about what she would prescribe now. Think I better email her the list before the consultation. Heheh.

No comments: