Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Internet, oh internet.

As you may or may not know, due to a recent earthquake around this part of the world, substantial damage has been done to some underwater cables, resulting in problems with internet access. It has been taking ages to reach blogger from my home computer but it seems okay here at the office.

Apparently, one of the ships that had gone out to fix the damaged cables needed fixing itself, and the papers say it'll be another three weeks before everything is completely back to normal. It is mighty inconvenient for lots of people, this not having regular access to the internet business. Yet, it is quite reassuring to know that an earthquake can do such damage.

It might not be so easy for machines to rule the world, afterall! Phew.

Right now, I'm waiting for my TA to send me some mark sheet so I can adjust the grades and sign my name on the grade sheet and get the hell out. She's done all the marks entering and even entered the final grades god bless her. Unfortunately she did not realise that grade distribution in this fine institution has to follow the shape of a normal curve. And right now there are far too many "Bs" and no "Ds". I need to tweak the curve to not get into trouble.

Our domestic helper is still on holiday, so I've got my two kids with me. It's a nightmare trying to keep them entertained. I've sent them off downstairs now, each with a coke and a packet of crisps. Let's see how long that'll last.

No comments: