Saturday, September 30, 2006

I want to write a song about this

Even though you can now spot knee high boots and woolie jumpers quite easily on the streets of HK now, it would be crazy to think that autumn has arrived.

Today, it was 31 degrees celsius at 12:30 as I walked home from the shops. A runner went past me. He got to the bridge and stopped. He bended forward, visibly breathing hard, hands on his knees. Nothing out of the ordinary, particularly in this heat.

As I approached the bridge, he did the most amazing thing. He started trying to give himself a wedgie. Yes, a WEDGIE. I couldn't quite believe my eyes. His back was facing me now, and he kept trying to stuff his shorts into his butt crack. He didn't quite manage it completely, but he tried pretty hard. He alternated lifted his two feet off the ground, probably a strategy for maximizing his butt crack width, as he worked his fingers on the fabric of his shorts. He did manage to turn his running shorts into what resembled a pair of baggy speedo trunks. He turned round a few times to check how it looked. I turned round to see if there were other people around me with whom I could share this amazing spectacle. There were a few other people around but none seemed too fussed!

By now I was only about 50 meters away from the bridge. The man was still there, and I couldn't take my eyes off him. I was afraid he would turn round any minute and caught me staring at him. Luckily for me, he didn't, for by now, he decided that he badly wanted his arse to get a bit of sun, and was stretching his hamstrings bending forward, feet apart, wedgie in place, arse facing the sky.

No comments: