Friday, June 30, 2006

Big day tomorrow

I'm watching this local TV's version of CSI now. It is so unbeleeeeefabooly badly done. Everything looks fake and cheap and made out of plastic including the actors and their acting. God. It's depressing. Mr Hong Kong contest is on in half an hour. What are the chances of that cheering me up?

And, nothing to drink at home. Apart from Laphroaig, Bundaburg, Myer's dark rum, Filipino gin, and Cachca. There's nothing to mix any of this stuff with. Apart from sugar cane drink, vitasoy, apple juice, skimmed milk, and cider vinegar.

Even the ice-cube tray is empty.

God. I have no choice but to drink the darn whisky straight, again.

On a slightly brighter note, I had quite a successful afternoon in Shenzhen's Lo Wu Commercial City yesterday. My first visit, that was. I am having 2 skirts, 2 dresses and 1 blouse made. I nearly bought the entire silver jewelery collection in the Tiffany's catalogue for 300 RMB. I thought I was going to faint, at one point, when we finally made it to level one (we started on level 5), five hours after crossing the border. My knees felt weak, faces started to blur and my eyes were dry.

But thanks to the Kay Cee Arlo, I was able to sit myself down in a reasonably relaxing restaurant, sipping red wine, chewing the fat with da laydees. B joined us for dinner and on the way home I was thinking how nice it is to live in Taipo.

No comments: