Sunday, April 16, 2006

My mushy brain

Yesterday I went to see The Death of Mr Lazarescu. It's a good film. Nothing much happens in it. Plot goes like this, old guy gets shuffled around from hospital to hospital. When he is finally ready to get his operation, which is not going to save his life anyway, the credits began to roll.

I didn't realize it was over two and a half hours long until it finished. By which time it was already 5:30 pm. I had planned to head home after this film, then go out again later on for the next film, which was le Filmeur, to start at 10:30 pm. So I was thinking, should I still head home? Or go shopping or sit in a pub until 10:30?

Well that was what I'd been thinking about, anyway, until I went to the box office to purchase an extra ticket for B, who said that he'd like to see le Filmeur too. The woman behind the window looked at me funny and said, "You want a ticket? But this film was shown at 10:30 this morning wor!"

I was speechless for a few seconds. Then she said "you still want a ticket?" I said, "in that case, no. I guess not."

No comments: