Saturday, February 11, 2006

I get what I want, I want what I need, I need what I can use

I have a Safa MP3 player, must have had it for nearly two years now. I was not cheap when I bought it, even though it was just a 256MB one. Along the lines of 1,200 as I recall. I use it for running mostly, and the sweat probably did not do it much good. It would stop working for a while, every now and then, and I would open it up to "air", let it sit quietly for a couple of days, and then it would work again. But a couple of months ago it stopped working.

I like listening to music when I run, but don't mind not having it either. So, I had been thinking about getting another MP3 player (tried running with my 40GB iPod but it's too heavy and the fear of dropping it was constant). Last month I went to look at the iPod shuffle and it was $780. Good job I didn't buy one! Now it's gone down to $550 and so I got one today.

It does all I want, and for $550, what more do you want?

It's funny though, when talking to a couple of people about my intention of buying one, they all say why don't you get a nano instead? Or, get the 1GB shuffle if you REALLY HAVE TO get a shuffle. They don't get it. I don't NEED a goddam nano. A shuffle is just fine. I mean, it's only $550 for crying out loud.

No comments: