Saturday, March 19, 2005

People mountain people sea

Felt like shit throughout last night. I went to bed early but my throat was really sore and my glands were swollen. I couldn't breathe through my nose and my head was throbbing. I was quite poorly. Kept waking up feeling cold and sweaty at the same time.

Didn't go swimming today. Went to the supermarket with J and then went out on my own to get some Chinese medicine and to go to the bank. Then went home for a nap and met up with W and Jacko to buy furniture and appliances for my dad's new flat. I took the train out, and the short walk from the Mongkok KCR station to Grand Tower took over 15 minutes. It has been a while since I last went to Mongkok on a Saturday afternoon and I was completely overwhelmed. There were people EVERYWHERE they were coming and going in all directions. A part of (I think) Soy Street has been turned into a pedestrian only area and walking through these hordes of people was not pleasant. It was madness!

Was it just me? Everyone else seemed happy enough. Chatting to their friends, skewers of curried fishballs in hand, talking on the phone, stopping to point at something in a shop window. I used to live in Mongkok, and I don't remember Mongkok being as full of people as it was today. I was strange, being back. You know?

No comments: