Thursday, March 31, 2005

Last night's run

This is so fucking steep. I'm way too unfit for this. Was all I could think of on the way up. I was quickly left behind by everyone and B stayed with me until he decided to sprint up and double back to get me cos I didnt' know the route. I can't say it was pleasant running up those steps and steep slopes. The steepness itself is obviously no picnic but it was so dark, wet, and there was nothing to look at. Not even pedestrians, cars, or buildings.

Eventually we hit the trail which was a bit more interesting. We kept our flash lights on and it was really foggy, quite, damp, and the trail was narrow, slippery, with the occasional low lying branch dotted here and there....

Then before you know it, it's all over. The moment we started going down hill I began feeling really strong again, and by the time we got back to the squash centre, I felt as if I could easily run for another hour or so.

No pain no gain. All evens out in the end. All.

No comments: