Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I have an appointment with stupid

Damn! The weather is nice! And I'm stuck here at least until 3:30pm. Have an appointment at 3pm when a student shall come in with his/her mum to talk to me about writing a letter of character reference or whatever it is called for this student, who is now in trouble with the law. Wowoowwwowooow! What kind of trouble I hear you ask.

I couldn't believe it when I heard it, actually. I received an email from the student services centre about the possibiliy of a social worker contacting me about this student's case but it didn't mention what it was all about. Then, last week, an assistant from a councillor called me to say this student's mum seeked help from their office and wondered if I would write a letter to the judge to beg for mercy I guess. I was thinking, geez, if it's dope or assault or sex crimes or arson or sellin pirate VCDs on the streets of Mongkok, I'm not sure what I'll do. Turns out that this kid - this IDIOT - responded to one of these emails from Dr Zhyakovarski from Chad or somewhere, seeking his/her assistance in dealing with some URGENT BUSINESS PROPOSAL. Money laundering scam, obviously. I couldn't BELIEVE that people actually fall for this shit. They deserve to be put into jail or at least do 50,000 hours or community service like cleaning public toilets or picking up litter in country parks.

No comments: